Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What is the name of the french artist who used a horse skeleton and a human one to make a sculpture?

back in the day, in french class my teacher told me about an artist from a long time ago who used dead people as sculptures and for the life of me (no pun intended) i cant remember his name. can any one help me?

What is the name of the french artist who used a horse skeleton and a human one to make a sculpture?
There is a guy Gunther von Hagen who does this, but he is neither french nor from a long time ago. He is German and still alive.


But he uses the process of plastination to keep dead bodies from decomposition and to pose then. It's more anatomical reference than art. But he did use a horse and human together. Not the skeleton either.So I am not sure if you mean him or somebody else.


Check out link, there is an image from the human sitting on a horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment